An annual festival that appears 56 times has gone beyond terrific
For those who are new to the area or are just unfamiliar with the Apopka Art and Foliage Festival, this community event brings the best of local and regional artists to Apopka.
THE VOICE OF THE COMMUNITY: OPINION & ARTICLES OF INTEREST
O.C. leads in citizen communication
By Bryan Nelson, County Commissioner District 2
As your elected officials, it is one of our duties to make sure the Orange County government is as accessible and transparent to you as possible.
Students to learn Apopka history
By Christine Moore, Orange County Public School Board Member
It has been our long time goal to reinstate local history field trips for fourth-grade Apopka students.
This number can give you the greatest lotto prize ever
By Richard Corbel
It never ceases to amaze me how much evidence has proven that Jesus was his “only begotten Son,” and is interlocked by indisputable and infinite facts with everything in the universe.
O.C. Council of Mayors warns against passage of some House bills by state
By Gary Bruhn, Orange County Council of Mayors
Local government can do anything not denied to them by state law. And every year, your legislators come up with new ways to impose their will on your local way of life.
Taking A Break
Crazy Korean leaders testing nukes, murders, carjacking, all manner of other crimes… sometimes, we just need a break…
Letters to the Editor:
Your Opinion Counts. Send a Letter to The Editor
Grateful for written history
By Francina Boykin, Apopka
Money-making venture is a no-no
By Barb Zakszewski, Apopka
Police Beat: STAY INFORMED. Get the details: who, when, and why arrests were made in our community by subscribing to The Apopka Chief today.
Other Headlines, Events and More:
- Access for emergency vehicles into development concern for city
By John Peery, Apopka Chief Staff
- Downtown redevelopment plan working way through city
By Teresa Sargeant, Apopka Chief Staff
- State Representative Jennifer Sullivan’s staff will hold office hours at Apopka City Hall for constituent outreach.
- The city of Apopka’s plans to build a splash pad in time for this summer may have dried up after no companies submitted bids to construct the splash pad in Kit Land Nelson Park.
- The Orange County Clerk of Courts will be hosting Passport Week to make the application process more convenient.
- The city of Apopka will host the 11th annual “Health and Fitness Fair” at the Fran Carlton Center.
- The Phyllis Wheatley High School Seventh Mass School Reunion will recognize Phyllis Wheatley High alumni.
- The Zellwood Historical Society, Museum, and Library will host the Zellwood Muck Farmers’ Forum.
- As part of the milestone 25th annual Stamp Out Hunger! food drive, Central Florida residents are encouraged to leave a sturdy bag containing non-perishable foods such as canned soups, pasta and cereal next to their mailboxes for local letter carriers to collect.
- A fifth Sunday evening sing will be held at First Baptist Church of Tangerine.
- The lessons authored by McIver are taught by area residents, a mix of retired pastors and laypeople, who rotate as presenters at the Florida Living Seventh-day Adventist Church.