The yearly State of the County address provides updates on the shape of Orange County, depicts what its future holds and shows accountability to the public.
The event is open to the public and free to attend.
The location is:
I-Drive 360 – Home of the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye
8375 International Drive (inside the terminal building)
The speech will be televised live on Orange TV, which is carried on Spectrum Channel 488, Comcast Channel 9, AT&T U-Verse Channel 99, CenturyLink Channel 1081, digital over-the-air on 29.2 and will be live-streamed on www.orangetvfl.net.
Over 750 guests attended the 2016 State of the County address, which Jacobs delivered on April 22 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando on International Drive.
Some highlights of the 2016 State of the County were:
- A revived affordable housing project in South Apopka that at the time was called New Horizons but now is called Juniper Bend/Arbor Bend.
- A proposed project that would connect the West Orange Trail at Clarcona Horseman Park to the Apopka Loop Connector Trail.
- Countywide property taxes revenues were up for the third year in the row. Over $386 million was generated in 2015.
- The $300 million INVEST Program, which the Board of County Commissioners approved in 2015, will be allocated toward many county projects in different categories, including $200 million toward roadway improvements; $15 million toward pedestrian safety and intersection improvements over the next five years; and $30 million dollars in new public safety structure.
- Orange County will also fund $20 million as part of the county’s INVEST program for the construction and enhancement of parks and recreational facilities throughout the county.
For more information and to RSVP for the 2017 State of the County address, visit www.ocfl.net.